Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What got into me???




So...I can't really explain why I chose to do what I did. I have always wanted a dog.. however, I knew how much work they were and never really had the oppurtunity living out on my own to get one. Well I was laying on the sofa one day watching TV and kept seeing these ads for the local shelters and how crowded they were becoming and how many animals were having to be euthanized due to no room being available at the shelters. Well I had a day off and decided I would go look at the shelter.. just for fun. My friend hates going to shelters but I talked her into going with me. We spent a few hours at the shelter looking at dogs and taking them out of the cages and playing with them. I absolutely fell in love with one named Jerry. She was a beautiful brown and while pitbull terrior. I filled out an application and was contacted a few days later saying my apartment would not allow that breed. I was afraid of that.. so I gave up on the idea a little bit thinking it was probably for the best, too much work, and maybe not the right time. However, I had heard of one more shelter someone at work told me I needed to look at. I once again took my friend with me. The first stall I looked at my eyes immediately caught the attention of a bright blue eyes pup. Quietly sitting by the door just waiting for someone to come pet him. I looked at all the other dogs, but he was the one. I took him out and instantly fell inlove. I filled out all the paperwork, had an interview (yes you would think I was adopting a child with the whole process. A few days later they called and said I had been approved and I could pick him up in a few days. Many said it was not the right time to get a dog.. but hey I am the one that is oging to have to potty train, crate train, walk him, feed him etc. Right? I iam very lucky I have such a great friend and roommate that is willing to help me train him and put up with the drama of a new puppy....

1 comment:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

He was such a cutie. I loved how you and Chance would be curled up on the couch. It was precious!