Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bad thing about traveling....

So far traveling has been great... there have been more positive things than negative to traveling. However, I have ran into a BIG negative thing... finding a hair dresser. If anyone knows me well, they know that my hair is my thing. I like to change it up often and my hair dresser always teases me because I go in and complain about how much " re-growth" I have when there is nothing! I actually lucked out in Arizona. I was brave and went to Super Cuts! (I was desperate!) Despite my hesitations they did an amazing job no one could believe I had got it done at super cuts.

I have not been so lucky here in D.C. I was referred to a salon by someone at work called BANG!!!! It seemed to be a nice enought place, nice people, nice salon.... Well.. I was sick of the blonde thing, so I wanted to go darker. I said, I want to be dark with some redish hightlights.. maybe a little funky and fun.. but nothing extreme... well little did I know I would end up getting red highlights that made me look as if I should be standing at the corner selling my self! I was mortified.. in fact I wouldn't go to work like that!! Not only was it hidious.. I don't know what it was, but I kept telling my roommate I don't think it was made for hair! It seemed toxic!! By the time I got home my scalp was itching so bad.. despite the warnings of not washing my hair... I had to to try and relieve the burning.. (Plus I hoped I could wash away some of the crazy red)... by night time I had a red rash along my hair line and my scalp was peeling!! Now.. I am not a beautician.. but I am smart enough to realize.. that ain't right! I of course was mortified to go in public.. I know realistically that people have better things to do than look at my crazy red hair.. but I felt as if EVERYONE was looking at me... I should know by know that there are far more crazy and entertaining things here in DC to look at than some white girl with crazy hair.

So I made an appointment, and got it fixed... the stylist had a little chip on his shoulder saying that he told me it was going to be red, and I said I knew it was going to be red.. but 1. I didn't know it was going to be looking like poster paint in my hair, and 2. I didn't know it was going to have some toxic affect on my poor scalp 3. I didn't know I was going to spend the MOST I have ever spent for my hair, and have it look like a job I could have done at home myself, 4. I didn't know that leaving a huge chunk of blonde on one side of my head (that I have affectionatly named my skunk strip) was supposed to look good. I talked him out of re-charging me.. I have never been charged for a redo before in my life!!! I left the store with a BANG and don't plan on going back. Here is a before and after.

THOUGHT I WOULD SHOW THE DECENT ONE FIRST....



YES.. THIS IS REAL.. NO PHOTO SHOP EFFECTS HERE!

1 comment:

kim said...

That is a funny story! I hear you on the hair thing. It is hard to find someone you trust. Your hair did not look as bad as you think, but the new job he did is adorable!