Monday, April 28, 2008

My favorite place...



Moving down here I promised myself that I was going to make many personal changes one being exercising regularly again, and getting in great shape! I always made excuses about the weather.. and not enough time when I was back home, but that's all they were.. excuses! No more! Shortly after moving here we found the best spot! It's call Tempe Town Lakes. It is a few minutes from our house and is a huge man made lake. Tempe town Lakes is always a happening place to be. There are concerts, art festivals, people rowing, sailing, running, volleyball tournaments and most recently the location of the Ironman. It's beautiful at sunset to be at one end of the lake and see the sun setting and the silouttes of the sailboats. It is a great place to go with my roommmate and her dog Jackie who LOVES it there, but it is also a great relaxing place to go by myself whether it is to run or simply sit by the water and read. I would have to say this is one thing I will miss most about this place. Me and my roommate have both taken pictures of the sunset at the lakes but I cant get the pictures posted... I will keep trying!!!

1 comment:

kim said...

I completely agree with you! Tempe Town Lakes is honestly one of my favorite places on earth. It will be sorely missed when we leave.